For the plans:
- A size 400 or 380 motor will work just as well as size 330.
- The motor mount can be assembled on your own, but it's easier to just get it from www.hovercraftmodels.com.
- The packing foam (not peanuts!) you find in packages will work just as well as builder's foam, if you cut it.
- Make sure you cut your skirt exactly eight inches wide. If it is uneven, you will not be a happy camper.
- If you can't find plastic bolts, use Gorilla Glue or another super-strong waterproof glue that's safe for styrofoam
- Double-sided PERMANENT scotch tape will do great to secure the skirt to the hovercraft. It is much easier and will leave it looking better than duct tape.
- Make sure you use a sharp knife so your cuts are clean.
- Use masking tape, not duct tape. It's lighter, easier to remove, and easier to apply.